Hi all,
I finally got a monitor working! Here's a handy tip for anyone looking to do
this with a Mini or any Mac that has a thunderbolt port: just pick up a Mini
Display Port to VGA adapter. It turns out that Thunderbolt is
backwards-compatible with Mini Display Port, so the adapter goes into the
Thunderbolt port and the monitor starts working. It even works on Windows. So,
if you have a VGA monitor and can't figure out all the DVI-D versus DVI-I and
so on, just grab a Mini Display Port to VGA (or, I assume, to DVI) adapter and
plug it into the Thunderbolt port. Of course, if you are using another
Thunderbolt device you will have to get creative, but very few devices
currently use Thunderbolt so it shouldn't be a problem.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehg...@gmail.com; http://www.facebook.com/mehgcap