an iBook G4 is not a macbook. let's not confuse names here for technical
reasons. the ibook G4 will run up to the latest 10.5 update, however the info
you have mentioned about the download of os x 10.5.6 is just an update and not
a full installer. you need to find a full os x leopard DVD to do this.

lew