From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Jenny Keller
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 1:23 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: voiceover won't cooperate

I know it would be a good thing to have an apple store look at it, but the
store is an hour away so I don't see that as an option.

I have had someone look at it and it's just the log in screen.

I log in and it still won't talk.

I'll see what I can do, but if I can't get someone to take me to have
surgery in another town, I doubt very seriously I can get someone to take me
to fix my computer.

Thanks for the info though.

Jenny
On May 1, 2012, at 3:19 PM, Jonathan C. Cohn wrote:

> If you think it is a problem that could be fixed at the Apple Store, then
I suggest you beg one of your friends to take you there.  You have a one
year warranty on the computer and if you didn't drop it or spill water on
it, then 99/100 times it will be fixed for free at the Apple store in the
first year of service.

> So you might be saving several hundred dollars if you get there before
June.

> On the other hand, just getting somebody around who can see what is going
on with your system at start-up might be all you need.  Though in some
cases, hitting control-tab after a couple minutes gets things  in a normal
state.

> Best regards,
>
> Jonathan
>
> Jonathan C. Cohn
> jonc...@cox.net
>

> On May 1, 2012, at 12:33 PM, Jenny Keller wrote:
>
>> Oh boy, that's not in my budget.
>>
>> I guess I'll just have to deal with it.
>>
>> I have a monitor and mouse connected to it so that isn't the problem.
>>
>> I just got it last June, so I don't know what the deal is.
>>
>> I'll just have to deal with it as I've said cause I can't afford to go to
the town where the apple store is, and sure can't afford to pay for them to
look at it, uch less fix it.