FYI there is not a 4th generation iPad on the market at the present time.

As far as FaceTime on a 3GS iPhone goes look in the app store for an app called
"fring" it might be just what you are looking for. BTW it's free.

Aloha,

Charlie

Our new book "YOU MIGHT BE A MORON" is on sale at www.giantdolphin.com click
the off the bookshelf link