I have solved my Drop Box problem.  Steve was correct in  saying that you need
to install Drop Box outside of the apps folder.  What I did was, locate the DMG
file, I opened it and when presented with the .app file, instead of copying it
to the apps folder, I instead opened it and was presented with an installation
dialogue which did indeed ask me for my log in information.  After logging into
my account I now see all my folders that appear when I go to the Drop Box
website.  Thank you Steve for mentioning this crucial detail about having to
install it outside of the apps folder.

Scott