Hi Luke.
It sounds like you are saving versions. It's hard to get to old versions with
the control option i, but you can try it if you need the older version. It
always says, at least it does on mine under Lion, Save a Version. If you
haven't changed the defaults in Pages, it automatically saves. Pages creates,
if you didn't change it, a backup file. If you're used to notetakers like the
old Braille Lite 40 it did the same thing, except it didn't save as many
versions. I hope this helps.

Regards,
Gigi

Eugenia Firth