Hi.
I think I had this issue also yesterday when I had to restart my mac. I closed
all apps, including mail.  every app closed except mail, wich closed after a
minute or so.
(I am using also imap on my 2 computers and on my iPhone).
Kõike paremat soovides
With best regards
Jakob Rosin
jakob....@gmail.com