Seren:

I amusing Snow Leopard on an MBP15 circa 2008, with the latest 10.6.8 updates
including Safari.  I use the main site, not the mobile site, and while I don't
use a few of the features you want to use, like tagging people and so on, I
keep up with it fairly well.  It's quite possible that you are more intense
about your social networks, though, so if I can assist, I shall, but don't get
your hopes up. :)

Here are a few tips that I use.  First, let me say that both the main and the
mobile site have a fairly rapid auto-refresh feature.  I have not yet figured
out a way to turn this off or even slow it down.  This means that a lot of the
navigation frustration you experience--being sent back to the top of the page
or to links you weren't near, etc., is going to persist.  The only really good
strategies for dealing with this are:
 • 1) Use the Items Chooser to get back to the last unique thing you remember
about where you were--a person's name, a word or phrase in a wall post,
something that wasn't too many VO presses away from your last known position.
and
 •2) My Vo/Safari set-up brings me back, after an auto-refresh, to the last
position where I actively did something on the page--left a comment, clicked a
photo, used an edit box, whatever.  That at least gives me a starting point,
and I can decide  the most efficient way back to where I want to be.

In terms of general navigation, VO Command H, navigating by headiness, is your
BFF.  Each friend's post or new item in your timeline has its own heading.
Interacting with lists of lots of items never hurts either, once you've gotten
to where you want to be via heading hopping.  (that's what I call it. heading
hopping...)

I hope this little bit helps, and if you like, Skype me sometime and we can go
into more detail.  I admit, once again, that my approach to FB and even Twitter
is lukewarm, at best, but I believe there are ways of making it work.

 • Mark BurningHawk Baxter
 • AIM, Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
 • MSN:  burninghawk1...@hotmail.com
 • My home page:
 • http://MarkBurningHawk.net/