Where do you obtain said program, and is it paid?

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Emilio
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2012 5:30 PM
To: MacVisionaries
Subject: Re: Hazel Help.

For those unfamiliar with Hazel, it is a file manager application.
Like Darcy indicated, you can set various conditions for particular files or
folders, and once those conditions are met, the specified result will be
automatically executed.
I understand the concept of assigning particular conditions to certain
folders. However, I am slightly confused when assigning certain conditions
because either my rules are not performed, or my rules are performed, but
include other data that is not desired.
For example, I select my downloads folder as the source from which Hazel
will monitor and move only .mp4 files to the automatically add to iTunes
folder, but this does not happen, or when changing the "all"
to "any" conditions includes other data. This similar result occurs when
attempting to set certain conditions that deal with time limits on
particular folders either within the downloads folder or within particular
folders within dropbox. Searching for tutorials has been semi-fruitful, but
I guess I am needing a step-by-step guide because while I understand the
ease of this program, it is proving most challenging.
Any other feedback or sites where detailed explanations are provided would
be greatly appreciated - sorry for the length.

thanks

Darcy Burnard wrote:
> Hi.  Love Hazel, been using it for years.
> Basically the way you set up a rule in Hazel is the same way you set up a
rule in Mail, or a smart playlist in iTunes.  Once you've set up a
condition, you can press the menu button to add another condition.
> You can filter based on the kind of file, or its extension.
> HTH.
> Darcy
>
> On 2012-07-04, at 6:50 PM, Emilio Hernandez <emilio.s.hernan...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Hello guys,
> >
> > I've installed hazel, and all is accessible. However, I am unclear on
how to correctly set my rule peramitors to include particular files to be
moved, but then to also ignore certain files with certain extensions.
> > I have made several attempts, but I am not doing something correctly. I
get the overall purpose of a rule, but when adding additional conditions, is
where I get lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.