Hey Harry,

I share my work calendar with my team and have given access to a few people to
see my free or busy status on my private calendar.
You can set up the sharing through Google Calendar on the Web and then stay on
iCal to manage your entries.

See here: http://support.google.com/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=37082

Hope this helps,