Hi, guys,

I would be very surprised if there isn't at least one member of this list who
doesn't already use this application, but I just heard about it tonight on a
podcast, and just now downloaded the free trial (the full version may be
purchased for $35.00).  It is called Text Expander, and it allows you to assign
abbreviations to type out your e-mail address, your e-mail signature, your home
address, or even entire paragraphs of text.  If I had text expander running,
for example, I could type, "You may contact me at ;em if you have any
questions."  Then, the ";em" (without the quotes) would become my e-mail
address.  It is fully accessible, and in fact mentions enabling universal
access at the outset.  I will warn that it is a bit pesky at first, at least
with the trial, as it wants yo to purchase, then sign up for the news letter,
etc. but it truly does seem like a fantastic application.  Again, it is $35.00
and runs on the Mac OS.  A feature which seems very useful, but which I have
yet to try, is an ability to fill in custom fields when writing a reply,.  The
example they give is for a response to a donation to a company, where the
responder wishes to thank the donor and tell ways in which his or her specific
dollar amount will be used.  I can definitely see myself using it when filling
out online forms which constantly ask for name, e-mail, home address,
telephone, cell, etc.

The website is www.smilesoftware.com/textexpander.  I haven't looked at any of
the other applications on the site yet, and I was very surprised to find this
worked as well as it does and is as accessible as it is.  So far, it is
completely useable.  The only interesting point is that the test areas in the
tutorial, where you go to set up the various snippets, as it calls the
abbreviations for text to be inserted, is that the test area to try the
abbreviations out do not work, at least when I tried it.

Again, if you have any questions feel free to ask.  I have just started using
it, as of about ten minutes ago, but it truly seems fantastic.  For those with
some sight, visuals such as images may also be inserted.

Take care.  Is anyone else looking forward to seeing how the dictation feature
may or may not work so well in Mountain Lion?  I'm always unsure of dictation
programs and things of that sort.

Take care,

Harry