Hit reply before I was done; sorry.  An interesting trick you can do when you
cannot, for whatever reason, interact with or highlight a patch of text you
want VO to spell, is to use the VO Shift C command to copy the last phrase to
the pasteboard, then paste that into a blank TextEdit document.

For example, suppose you hear a label for a button or check box on a webpage,
but cannot interact with it or get VO to go character by character.  Move the
VO cursor over the button or box or whatever, press VO Shift C, then open
TextEdit and paste the results.  What you'll see is "really long name I can't
spell right check box not checked," or something similar.  But you can use the
editor to explore what that label is.  A bit time consuming, but better than
buying 50 novelty plates when you only want… two.

 • Mark BurningHawk Baxter
 • AIM, Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
 • MSN:  burninghawk1...@hotmail.com
 • My home page:
 • http://MarkBurningHawk.net/