Hi all,
I discovered something new with Mail in Mountain Lion. It's not a big thing,
but worth keeping in mind.
First, my Mail is in classic view. When going through a large amount of emails,
I usually stay on the subject column since the sender column doesn't always
tell me what the email is about.
My mail is sorted with the oldest at the top and newest on the bottom, but this
might not make a difference.
I start at the top of the table of messages. Typically, when I press delete,
the email gets moved away and the next email takes it's place, this is the
email below the first email if you press the down arrow key.
OK, so far, this has been the case with all previous versions of Mail.
The new twist is that when you press the delete button, the next message that
comes under focus depends on which arrow key you last pressed.
So if the last arrow key you pressed was down, the focus will move down when
you press the delete key. However, if your last arrow key was up arrow, be
careful, when you press delete, VoiceOver focus moves up and not down.
Not sure what kind of benefit this provides, but there it is.