Hello everyone. I'm up in VM Fusion 4.1.3 now. Here's what I did.
1. I tried to start VM Fusion Version 3 in Mountain Lion. It wouldn't start
and I got a dialog telling me that my version wasn't compatible with
Mountain Lion. Mountain Lion moved VM Fusion into the Imcompatible Apps
folder.
2. I purchased VM Fusion 4.1.3 and downloaded it. The cost was $49.95 plus
tax.
3. I registered VM Fusion. This is important because you get eighteen months
complimentary support with the purchase.
4. I opened the Disk Image.
5. I ran an app called "Click to update from Version 3."
6. When the dialog opened I checked the box to ignore the warning and
activated the open button.
7. VM Fusion opened in the Library window.
8. I chose the Open and Run option from the file menu and browsed to my old
Virtual Machine file.
9. I activated the Choose or open button, can't remember which one.
10. The Virtual Machine started and I was able to log in.
11. I installed the updated tools.
12. Since I had questions along the way I had a support request opened. The
gentlemen was very patient and checked and ensured me that I had everything
running properly.

I hope this helps.