Hi all,
I just made a really neat discovery in the chess app. I don't know if speakable
objects needs to be on or not, but I can speak moves! So, once I configured it
how I wanted (having the system listen all the time for a keyword instead of
using the press-and-hold method), I could do this:
me: "Alex, pawn a2 to a4"
mac: "pawn a2 to a4"
mac: pawn b7 to b5"
and so on. No keyboard needed at all. Again, I don't know if you need speakable
objects on or not, as there is a "listen for spoken moves" checkbox in the
chess preferences, but I have it on and it responds to my keyword. BTW, I chose
"alex" not out of vanity but because my default voice is Alex, so it made sense
and feels more natural than "computer". Anyway, in case someone else hadn't
discovered this and likes chess, now you know: you can play a game all by
voice! Now we just need more games like this...

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehg...@gmail.com; http://www.facebook.com/mehgcap