Gee, you made much too much work for yourself for nothing.  All you really
needed to do was go in to your Sype prefs window via command/comma, and, from
there, go to the tool bar and choose the notifications tab.  From there, choose
the overview tab.  Inside here, just VO=right until you see the type of
notification style.  If it keeps saying "Skype has new window", it's set for
default notifications.  You want to set this for Growl.  then, you're set.

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!

Now a very proud and happy Mac user!!!

Skype name: