Hi all,

Since Mountain Lion, a strange issue has been occurring with voiceover. When
I'm perusing an edit field, I can vo right or left arrow to go backward or
forward by words. However, if I wish to edit something, with quick nav off, I
should theoretically be able to press just left or right arrow to go via
character. Instead i get no speech, and the cursor seems not to move. Switching
quick nav on and off again sometimes remedies  it, but I find I have to fiddle
with it before it resumes normal behavior.
Any idea why this is and how I could fix it to be responsive and work as
expected?
Thanks,
Rachel