You connect the ethernet cable to one of the ports on the router (if you also
have a modem, make sure the chord is not going into the port set aside for the
modem) and the other end into the iMac. I've not tried it personally, but the
mac should then automatically find the connection and start using it, prompting
for a password if you have one set but otherwise operating normally.
On Aug 6, 2012, at 9:11 PM, agent086b <agent0...@bigpond.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> how do I connect an iMac to an Ethernet port on my router? I don't wish to
> connect to the router wirelessly as I like the quicker speeds via an Ethernet
> connection.
>
> Thanks for any advice.
> Max.

Have a great day,