Hi Kliphton, Emrah, Sarah, and Others,

That was an interesting bit of information on the Plantronics headset model.
I'll paste in the descriptive information I found about it, and the source URL
for the description, which is probably not the best place to buy from.  The web
page was at Business Telecom Products, Inc. and was titled, "Plantronics
Headset & Amp Customized for Visually Impaired or Dictation"
Model for the device, as Kliphton stated, is PL-SMH1783-11

Source URL:
http://www.btpi.com/_PL-SMH1783-11_Visually-Impaired-HS/Amp.htm

<begin quote>
Plantronics Custom Headset for Visually Impaired or Dictation

• May be used for 2 applications: for a visually impaired person or for someone
who needs to do dictation and be on phone calls
• For visually impaired application: listen to the telephone call in left ear,
while the keystrokes are announced in right ear
• For dictation: listen to dication in right ear and listen to telephone calls
in left ear
• Includes custom Plantronics Supra H61 headset and M22 amplifier (not
pictured) with separate monitor receiver for simultaneous telephone and
computer or dictation applications
• Short pigtail cord on the M22 amplifier plugs into the handset port of a
standard telephone (compatible with any phone that a Plantronics M22 is
compatible with)
• Adjustable telephone-side receive level
• Adjustable transmit on amplifier
• Quick disconnect on headset cord attaches to 10 foot coil cord on amplifier
• Includes both a 3.5mm 2-conductor and 3.5mm 3-conductor connection to monitor
• Headset is non-noise cancelling voice tube with omnidirectional microphone
• Please view pdf datasheet for detailed drawing
• Actual lead time may take up to 6 weeks
• 2 year Plantronics manufacturer's warranty
<end quote>

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther