The tricky bit is that the iPhone video is probably in MPEG4 format. So to downconvert it or strip out the audio and convert it you'll need something that already understands MPEG4 so it can read the content and re-encode it to something else. But obviously if you could already read MPEG4 you wouldn't need this conversion. In short, on a 13 year old OS on probably even older hardware you're not going to find anything that knows how to read mpeg4. Even if you had a friend convert it to something else I'm not sure what codec I would choose which would operate well on such an old setup. It's a bit like they have a thumb drive and you've got a floppy drive and it's just not going to be an easy conversion. Best guess I could make is Cinepak which was prevalent back in the day for its low CPU load. Just audio could still be mp3. Cinepak is quite large so if you don't need the video just stick with mp3.

All that said, unless you can call in a favor from somebody with newer hardware, you might want to hunt around for a web-based converter. I haven't used these so others might have some recommendations. This one sounded plausible:

http://media.io

CB