Hey all,

I have never used Growl before and have been reading through all the
threads on it to get a better understanding, but still am not sure
what the whole point of it is. I was surprised to learn that Growl is
installed on my system, as I don't recall ever installing as saw that
you had to buy it in the app store. Is the paid version more advanced?
What do people use Growl for? I do not need to be notified of incoming
mail messages as I am constantly checking my mail, but would love to
get notified of when certain friends tweet or post to Facebook. Does
Growl work with Menu Tab or Night Owl? I did see Night Owl in the
applications for Growl in my system preferences, but again am not sure
what it does. I was also surprised to learn that all of my
applications were enabled, but I never get any kind of notifications.
I did read something about turning speech on, so maybe this whole time
I have had little Growl messages popping up but never saying anything.
Thanks for any help.