Thanks, everyone. I am certainly familiar with enabling/disabling shortcuts for
spotlight and other applications. I just wanted to do my best to ensure that,
while selecting shortcuts for changing text inputs, I wouldn't inadvertently
choose key combinations which would interfere with other preexisting
keystrokes. Andrew, I am going to try your suggestion.

Best,
Lindsay

Lindsay Yazzolino
Program Coordinator,
 Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
Research Assistant, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Phone: (425) 417-9239
lindsay3...@gmail.com