Hi Eugenia,

The tips do say to unlock the orientation, however, since the app goes into
landscape mode, automatically, I think not unlocking it shouldn't set you back
at all. If, for some reason, it does, then you can try to unlock the
orientation and try again. If your scanning experiences are the same, then you
can choose what method to use.
Good luck, and enjoy scanning!
rachel