Hi Ioana,

Your trash folder is a hidden folder under your account, which means that its
name starts with a period -- these are also referred to as "dot" files.  You
can navigate to your trash folder in Finder using the Command-Shift-G "Go to
folder" shortcut if you type into the text field:
~/.Trash
And you can query info about that folder with the Command-I "Get Info" command,
which give size, number of items, and the path to the file. That will look like:
/Users/ioana/.Trash
if your account name is "ioana", for example.  Close the "Get Info" window with
Command-W when you're done checking the information.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther