Hi Teresa,

I'm trying your suggestion of hitting escape as soon as I hear Notifications
pop up.  Still experimenting.  It seems like I have to hit that key twice to
shut up the speech from Notifications.  I may wind up disabling Mail
Notifications but I can see instances where I may be away from the machine and
will want to hear to whom mail is from, so I'll try hitting Escape and see how
it all works.  Thanks.