Hi Teresa,

I remember sending you this information about some scripts that Jonathan Chacôn
wrote for Calbre.  At the time (back in April) I couldn't get to the blog site
links, and thought they might have been permanently taken down, but the URLs
all seem to be working now.  I think that working in the command line for
Calibre is fine, but these might be of interest to someone.   (Like most
things, I found the original information in the archives for the macvisionaries
list).
<begin quote>
Hi Teresa,

I think you'll have the best luck doing the ePub conversion with Pages, as Mark
suggests.  I'll just mention that Jonathan Chacón did construct a service to
convert TXT, RTF, PDF and HTML format eBooks to ePub using scripts to run
Calibre in command line, and made it available at his web log site in August
2010.  The web page was:
http://programaraciegas.weblog.discapnet.es/articulo.aspx?idA=1897
There were headings in Spanish and English:
• "Servicio accesible de conversión a ePub para MacOS X"
• "accessible ePub conversion service for MacOS X"
This was the direct download link for the zip file on that page:
http://programaraciegas.weblog.discapnet.es/archivos/id38/textConversionService.zip

The problem is that this web site doesn't seem to be on-line currently, and
hasn't been when I tried it a few times recently.  Jonathan has a new web site
that is accessed by his free iPhone RSS app (in Spanish), "Programar a ciegas
RSS" by Tyflos Accessible Software.
<end quote>

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther