Actually once I set VO via Itunes I had control of the triple click home.

On 9/30/2012 10:04 PM, Tim Kilburn wrote:
Hi,

As far as I know, you must first set up the "Triple-click Home" to "Toggle VoiceOver" before that functionality will work. Pressing that out of the box will not turn on VO unless Apple has changed the default lately. As mentioned earlier, it may be easiest to configure the Universal Access options through iTunes. Then once VO is on, the Triple-Click toggle can be set.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada

On 2012-09-30, at 8:18 PM, Hank Smith <hanksm...@hanksmith.net <mailto:hanksm...@hanksmith.net>> wrote:

just hit the home button 3 times
Why do all that? Can they not turn on voiceover by tripple clicking the home key from the initial setup, or if nothing else, turn V O on within ITunes? If they're blind, it's gonna be a little hard tapping settings/accessibility/voiceover.

Chris.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pam Francis" <ppowell...@aol.com <mailto:ppowell...@aol.com>> To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com <mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>>
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2012 2:04 AM
Subject: Re: iPad

Hello, I might to also assume that you are a brand-new iOS user if so there is a gentleman on Apple this VIS Apple this.com <http://this.com> who works primarily with visually impaired and has done many podcasts dealing with iOS software and how voiceover works. His name is David Woodbridge. If you go through there podcasts section, you will find your share of podcasts relating to Iowa software done by David Woodbridge also you can find his podcasts in iTunes. I hope this helps.

Pam Francis