To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2012 7:24 AM
Subject: Re: formatting Text in Pages

Hello Chris,

In Pages, leaving the text area using VO removes the selection so you can't apply a style. You have to set a hotkey for the style you want and just press it in the paragraph to which it should apply.

You can check on what style is in operation by setting a hotspot on the Styles drawer. To do this, open the Styles drawer with Cmd-Shift-t, navigate to it, make sure that you're not interacting with it and set a hotspot. You can then use VO-Cmd-hotspot to discover what is selected in the Styles drawer.

If you can't navigate within any text area, go there with VO, bring the mouse and click.

There is a lot more than that to using Pages but it should help to get you started.

Cheers,

Anne