I found 3 movies with description on iTunes, all Disney movies that did not
interest me at all. I asked Apple, and they said the content they get is really
up to their providers, suggesting that it is the movie companies who are not
giving them described content. I can see this happening more for tv shows than
movies, but I don't know how all the contracts and such work. Apple did say,
though, that they would pass along my suggestion of being able to filter
searches by whether or not a title is described, so that's something. I would
encourage anyone else who wants described titles on iTunes to email
accessibil...@apple.com to ask them, so they can see how big an interest there
is.
On Oct 4, 2012, at 12:30 AM, Brian Fischler <blindga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys, Just wanted to chime in here, as it really is ashame how
> ignored we the blind are when it comes to described video. For
> example, I have yet to find a Netflix title through Netflix streaming
> offer descriptive video. Then again, I think that Netflix just
> recently was pressured into providing the close captioning option for
> their titles. Unfortunately, we the blind have such a weak lobby that
> I don't see this as an option anytime soon. Considering that the 21st
> Century Communications Accessibility Act went into effect on July 1,
> and none of the blind organizations had a mention of this historic
> legislation on their websites, not sure who we would even approach
> about addressing this. From the little research that I have done
> neither Netflix, nor Amazon, nor Itunes offers any of their content
> with descriptive video. For now, I rely on the movie feeds through
> Serotek and sitting at my computer. Of course, I have a mac, and have
> to use chrome which seems to be the only browser that works with this
> fantastic content. The only problem is there is no way to rewind or
> fast forward the content, which is a problem, especially if you have a
> prblem with a movie which happened to me once. Would love to hear I am
> wrong on some of this, so please do let me know. Thanks
>
> On Sep 28, 9:52 pm, Alex Hall <mehg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Is there described content available on iTunes? If so, how does one find it
>> and how wide-spread is it?
>>
>> Second, a more general purchasing question. When one buys a movie or tv show
>> on iTunes, does one then own it for life, or is it a rental-like
>> arrangement? I know I own the songs I buy, but I am not sure about longer
>> content with different licensing like tv shows or movies. Thanks.
>>
>> Have a great day,
>> Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
>> mehg...@gmail.com

Have a great day,