Hi,

I had this problem when upgrading to mountain lion.  I traced it to an
incompatible process that was constantly trying to run and being killed off.

You might start in activity monitor.  Sighted assistance may be required.  I
found that the events updated so quickly that voiceover couldn't keep up.

Best.

Eric Oyen <eric.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

already checked that. vent is clean (even had someone with working eyes
check it). this problem only appeared AFTER upgrading to lion. the unit
was running cooler under snow leopard and never demonstrated this
problem before the upgrade (less than 2 days ago).

-eric

On Oct 6, 2012, at 11:39 PM, Pam Francis wrote:

> Hi Eric,
> It could be just as simple as cleaning the vents. I am no tech, but
that is what I would try first.Do you have any kind of applecare with
the machine? If so, they may be able to help you diagnose your issue.

> Pam Francis
>
> On Oct 7, 2012, at 1:23 AM, Eric Oyen <eric.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> hello folks.
>
> I seem to be running into a problem where the fan on my macbook is
running all the time. the unit also seems to be running a lot warmer
since I installed lion.  This machine is just 1 revision behind what
would be supported for mountain lion, so I cannot go there. anyway, does
anyone know what is causing this?

> -eric

ERIK burggraafEbony ConsultingI am currently on the road and staying in touch
on my handheld.