Okay, I have done that. I now see an import button on my mini, but neither
space nor vo-space does anything. I have selected the 12 songs I want, and
moving to the music table even says "rows 1 to 12 of 12 selected", so I know
the selection is good. Home sharing is enabled on both minis. That said, it
seems to have worked, as I have four copies of what I think is the correct
album (there was no id3 info on the cd). So, is importing silent? That's
annoying, but at least it worked.
On Oct 10, 2012, at 5:04 PM, Tim Kilburn <kilbur...@gmail.com> wrote:

>               Hi,
>
> It looks like your using iTunes Sharing to see the Libraries on each
> computer.  This regular Sharing process doesn't allow for copying back and
> forth, it is only for playing media from the other Library.  What you need to
> use is Home Sharing.  Home Sharing works between multiple machines on the
> same network as long as they use the same Apple ID.  You turn on Home Sharing
> under the Advanced menu on the menubar.  It must be turned on in both
> machines.  Once Home Sharing is on for both machines, you should be able to
> navigate to the other machine, select the items you wish to transfer, Stop
> Interacting with the Table, then navigate right to the Import button.
>
> HTH.
>
> Later...
>
> Tim Kilburn
> Fort McMurray, AB Canada
>
> On 2012-10-10, at 2:36 PM, Alex Hall <mehg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I have set up iTunes, with my apple id, on two minis on the same network. I
>> ripped a cd in the older mini since mine lacks a disk drive, and I can see
>> the 12 songs as a remote playlist in my mini's iTunes. What I can't work out
>> is how to get them to copy into my library so I can edit their id3 tags and
>> incorporate them into my music? Thanks for any tips.
>>

>> Have a great day,
>> Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
>> mehg...@gmail.com

Have a great day,