Yes, you can set the number of header rows and columns you want in Numbers.
It's been a while since I did this. The default is one header row and one
column row. If you go into the menu and press the right arrow key to table, and
then go down arrow, you will find the options for doing this. There is a
submenu for headers.
Gigi

Sent from my iPhone