I want to tell you all that I finally bit the bullet and purchased Vmware Fusion over the weekend after contemplating whether to go down the Bootcamp root or not. I felt unsafe doing it on my own and not having sighted assistance all the time that I decided against it and went down the Fusion root. I have to say I am very pleased with the product. My virtual machines, if set to 4 processors and the recommended memory when setting up the virtual machine run near natively to say the least. So if you want the best of both worlds and you are in a similar situation then I suggest you spend the 40 quid and get Fusion.
www.vmware.com/fusion

--

Christopher Hallsworth