Hi Candie,

I use MacKeeper.  I run System Scan about once per week.  The only time I hear
the "busy" report is when I run MacKeeper when it is analyzing the hard disk
before issuing its report.  There is also a virus protection feature where you
can run and schedule scans of your system.  I find it a worthwhile program.