No offense, but why use automator to open an app?  Can you not just set that up
through Voiceover's keyboard commander?  Sorry, if I'm missing something here.

Chris.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Traci
  To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:17 PM
  Subject: Re: Automator, launch application

  Hey, thanks for that tip.  I liked the podcast, however it didn't fully help
me.  It was definitely a VO issue, or maybe a vo user issue.  ;)

  The happy news, is I have successfully created my service shortcut, but the
shortcut doesn't seem to work anywhere.  I can hit go-m, go to finder, then
arrow down to services, and my launch messages shortcut is there.  I can
vo-space on it, and the app launches, but when I'm sitting on my desktop and
hit my keyboard shortcut, the app doesn't launch.

  I'm going to try a different key combo and see it that remedies the problem.

  I'm just so tickled I created the automator task!  Now lets see if I can make
it 100% successful.

  Traci

  Sent by Macbook Air Mail

  On Oct 23, 2012, at 9:25 PM, Nicholas Parsons <mr.nicholas.pars...@gmail.com>