Hallo Alex,

I think there are two ways to achieve a calibration. First is  a calibrated
sensor connected via Bluetooth. The second is a samll scanning box in front of
the camera where you include some known colors next to the scanning object. The
camera measures both, the known colors and the object and the app could
calculate correction values to calibrate itself. On the iPhone, you do not have
the foll control and knowledge about the torch. Its strenght may change and you
do not know the exact value. Additionally, one can not guarantee, that every
torch on any device has axactly the same torch color.

Greetings

Jan

---
ColorVisor - The app to identify colors.
Available on the App Store:
http://itunes.com/app/ColorVisor
---
Dr. Jan Blüher
visorApps - Accessible apps for iPad & iPhone
Bayreuther Str. 2
D-01187 Dresden
Germany

phone: +49 (0) 351 16053907