Besides, the chipmunk glitch with the Nuance voices in Mountain Lion has been
fixed. Now, it just sounds like a chipmunk when it comes across data detectors
or if you have it set to do a pitch change for capital letters. They sound like
a giant when you go to an edit field or again, if you have the voices set to do
a pitch change when you perform a backspace. For me, I have it set to beep when
reading a capital letter and do nothing when backspacing. I wish they would
implement the use pitch change feature for everything else like in iOS because
the data detector stuff and edit fields pitch changes are annoying, especially
with Alex. And anyway, I can't use the Nuance voices because for some reason
they crash Chromevox and I have to change to a voice other than Nuance and
restart the entire Mac to get speech back.

Shawn
Sent from my white Mac Book