OK, I know a scanner is a scanner, but some of them do menus which don't talk
and make the dear little things more difficult for us to use. I suppose a lot
of them will have touch screens now.

Another issue I have had with scanners in the past is it being difficult to
position documents/books for the best results. I suspect improvements in OCR
may have made this less of a problem than it once was.

Anyway, it must be difficult to judge which scanner to buy, or it wouldn't
appear as a topic with such regularity. So, any nominations for a current model
which is reasonably priced, isn't fiddly to use, can handle documents at a
speed which wouldn't make it off-putting to scan a small book and works with
Macs would be very welcome indeed. I guess that reasonably priced thing rules
out all those, what I shall from now on know to refer to as, SARA things.

Cheers

A   .