Dear Listers,

I've come across a very strange behaviour when sending selected text to
TextEdit. As far as I can recall it has only happened thus far when I was
trying to select a portion of an e-mail and then executed the command to have
it send to textedit.

Textedit will open a new window in which I can read the text I have sent to it.
But what happens next is peculiar. If I try to save this text, and press
command+s, I get a response from Voiceover "untitled" but I cannot actually see
the window in which to  make the usual save choices. In fact I can't do
anything at all. When activating window chooser menu to ascertain whether a
save file dialog is open or not, TextEdit reports no windows at all. In order
to come out of this problem I have to press escape and again I can see and read
my text. But now, if I want to close this window or quit TextEdit altogether, I
can't do it either. TextEdit is stuck and when attempting to close it, I get
again the same "untitled" response from VoiceOver. At this point, I have to
force quit textEdit.  Another strange thing is that normally, if one force
quits an application, the force quit window remains open in the finder and one
has to close it manually. This is not the case here. The force quit window is
not there.

Has anyone seen this behaviour?Is this a Voiceover problem? I use Macbook air
with Mountain Lion.

Andrew