Hi all!
Well for those of you who might want to use a talking community's room there is
a solution!
This involves replacing the java in mountain lion with a older version using
some terminal commands [these commands come from Apple support ]
I have never used Terminal before but used these commands OK!

So from the link I will post below you will be taken to the page that  tells
you what to do and there is commands to undo those commands if you wish to go
back!

One thing I did was to copy the commands [one at a time] with the copy last
phrase to clipboard command!VO+shift+c
then pasted them into the field!
On the first one  Terminal asked for my user pass word then for the other 3  I
just had to press return!
After following all the steps I could use the talking communities rooms again!

Here is the link to the Apple support page!

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5559

Also I cannot remember on which list someone posted that when they got into the
room they wanted the talk button was still dimmed!
There is one more step to do with VO that is not mentioned on TC's help page!
When you have got to the room and you find those buttons dimmed use the window
chooser VO+f2 twice and then arrow down to the log in window and select it!
Then find the log in link/button and VO+space on it and when your back in the
room the buttons will be undimmed!

Hth Colin