It seems to vary, but triple click home is not a guarantee, unfortunately. Have
your mac on hand just in case, or just have a sighted person help you; it's
only a few seconds, after all, then you're off and running. Since you already
have an iPhone, you will be fine with most of the gestures the iPad uses. Note
that swiping left and right with four fingers while an app is open will move
between other open apps, and pinching with four fingers and your thumb will go
to the home screen. Swiping four fingers up or down, I don't remember which,
will bring up the app switcher. Also, the rotor includes an item called
"containers". For instance, in settings, the settings categories will be listed
on the left and the selected category will be on the right. These two different
parts of the screen are called containers, and you can swipe between them with
the rotor if you want to. The iPhone's screen is too small to include
containers so you won't have seen them before.
On Dec 1, 2012, at 3:09 PM, Stacey Robinson <stacey...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
> Thanks, I get that.
> Ok, when the iPad arrives, do I need to set it up through iTunes or can I
> just triple click home and start VO that way?
> Stacey
>
> On Dec 1, 2012, at 2:03 PM, Dave wrote:
>
>> Stacy,
>>
>> Music does not get backed up to the cloud.  Only contacts docs  calendar
>> events, reminders, and apps.
>>
>> As Alex described, sign in with your Apple user ID and you'll get those,
>> plus your apps via the purchased link in the app store.
>>
>> Dave

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehg...@gmail.com