To add a couple mor important notes here, When pressing VO-Command-Space on the
first item selection, it will actually unselect it so press same keys a second
time and then you will hear VO tell you that it was added to the selection.
Then when moving up or down the list to find something else, be sure and use
the VO-Arrow keys; otherwise, you will lose the accumulated selections.