Electronic filing works just fine. At the end of your return, it will run
through some checks to make sure everything is ready for electronic filing,
then,it will happen.  Just follow the insructions, you should do just fine.

TaxAct does, I believe have downloadable software which you can use offline,
however, using the web site version is cheaper and fully accessible.  Now,
hopefully, they won't throw something in to mess up the 2012 returns, but, I
don't expect that will happen.