hmmm. If you press command-shift-Q and tell OSX to reopen your recently-opened
windows, it accomplishes the same thing, albeit with a bit of time added. In
any case, this keystroke doesn't work for me. When I leave my house, though, I
use command-shift-q to log out and then log back in when I'm ready to use the
computer again.

You can also use command-control-eject to restart and
command-option-control-eject to shut down. This works best with no windows open.

HtH,
Teresa

"We're made of star-stuff."--Carl Sagan