Hi all, thought I'd share my initial thoughts on Launch Bar.  There is still so
much more about the program I haven't explored.

First, I'm really enjoying it!  Secondly, it isn't fully voFriendly.  It is so
far quite doable, and I have emailed the developers about accessibility
improvements.  They wrote back with interest, so we'll see.  :)

Once it is installed, the natural keyboard shortcut for the program is
command-space.  When you press this, VO just says button.  I recommend you
hitting command-I for preferences.  Have a look in there, but you can change a
setting where the Mac voice will announce your results.  At this time, this is
a must, because VO doesn't read the list.  Back to that unlabeled button, it is
just an options or about drop-down.  This area is also an edit field, even
though VO doesn't speak that.

So, here are some fun examples:
There are these things called search templates, which you can eventually assign
abbreviations to.  Here is one I've done.
command-space, type books, press spacebar, then type a title or author, and
return.  My default browser opens to the Amazon books page.
Another example:
command-space, type iMsg, spacebar, Mom, and return.  This opens iMessage with
anew msg window to Mom.

There are several factory search templates, all which can be assigned an
abbreviation if you'd like.

Anyway, I'm having such a good time figuring it out.  There is one area that
continues to stump me, but I hope support will help me out with that.  I'm
trying to add a custom search template.

There is a 30-day trial, then I believe the program is around $35.  There is a
lot more to this program I haven't written here.  Lol, and a ton more for me to
learn.  It's all fun and useful.

Traci
1 step, 2 step, ... 1,311 steps! I can do the BIG CLIMB 2013, with your
support. Our efforts  will help make a big difference in the fight against
blood cancers. Please give to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Learn more &
donate here. Thank you.
  http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/BigClimb?px=1570735&pg=personal&fr_id=1250