Hi,

I honestly haven't heard of the keyboard being plagued with issues.  Mine has
been working for over 2 years now.  But, if you do want to go another route,
you might want to check out one of logitechs line of BT keyboards.  They are in
the same price range as the Apple bluetooth keyboard.  I know they have a
couple solar powered models as well.

Ricardo Walker
rica...@appletothecore.info
Twitter:@apple2thecore