Hi all,
The vOICe (the project at www.seeingwithsound.com) has been cloned for iOS. The
app is called Voice Vision and is free, with finer controls available with an
in-app purchase. I find the resolution to be poorer than the PC version, but
I'm no expert.

As to an OSX implementation, that sounds relatively easy to do, at least the
basic soundscape rendering. I've been torturing myself for the last few days,
painfully jamming bits of Objective-c and Xcode knowledge into my head. When
and if all this stuff makes sense, I might look at my own clone of the vOICe as
a pure OSX application. Don't hold your breath though, Objective-c is
incredibly hard to learn for someone with little to no C experience, and some
of Xcode is still inaccessible.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehg...@gmail.com