Hey Jürgen,

unfortunately, I don't know of a way to make all objects imbedded in a document
behave that way.  That is really just an alternative work-around to copying and
pasting a table to numbers.  I think that there are still a lot of problems
when it comes to collaborating with others using MS office.  Aside from the
fact that imbedded objects are for all intents and purposes invisible to vo, so
are auto bullets and numbers.

I've written to Apple accessibility, sent pages feedback from the pages menu,
and through the bug report form available to members of an Apple developer
program.  I haven't seen any change nor received any response in four years.

Some years ago, I gave up on word processors and started using something called
latex.  I realize that it isn't for everyone and every situation, but I thought
I might throw it out hear for anyone who might be interested.  I can say that
I've had great success with it, but the learning curve is steep.  You can read
about it at:  http://www.andy-roberts.net/writing/latex.

Good luck.

                Barry Hadder
bhad...@gmail.com