Hi Esther,

Thanks for your clear explanation. The one thing I don't undersand though is,
why itunes is involved here. In other words: what happens, so that a converted
file ends up in itunes? Are you saying that if I find a third party app to
convert a file from one format to the other, that supports either a command
line syntax or an automator or apple script interface, the resulting file will
always end up in itunes, even though I do not specify so in the Apple script,
shell script or automator work flow? Seems interesting. How did Apple put that
together?

Paul.