Hi all.

I've been getting things to gether to do my taxes and was looking at the
process for my state. I see that after I get my acknowledgment back I have to
send them an attachment with files of my w2, rent certificate, and other
papers. I would imagine maybe the IRS requires this for the federal return too.
So I have two questions.

(1) Does anybody know whether the transfer mechanism for sending these files is
accessible on the Mac?

(2) Is this just a matter of scanning the files? My state says it accepts tif,
bmp, jpg and pdf files. But I'm wondering if just scanning them like I do my
mail and books is going to be okay or whether they could still receive an
attachment with unreadable files. I'd really like to be able to do this but I
sure don't want to make my tax experience a long, drawn-out one or have to
re-do everything and have to wait and wait for my refund.

Any input would be appreciated.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth